Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt V. Ullman Kurt V. Ullman is offline

Default Can welding Oxygen be used in place of medical oxygen?

On 4/11/16 12:59 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 11 Apr 2016 05:46:24 -0700 (PDT),

wrote:

On Saturday, June 19, 2010 at 2:58:42 AM UTC+1, Some Guy wrote:
Is there any difference between a tank of welding oxygen vs medical
oxygen as far as purity, concentration, hazardous impurities, etc, that
would render welding oxygen insufficient (or even dangerous) for helping
to supplement breathing / respiration ?

please can u get back to me re weather or not I can use 02 industrial oxygen for my ozone generator.. I usually use 02 medical oxygen....but the machine convert,s it . thankyou can u get back to me

The only difference between the 2 is the bottle it comes out of. The
requirements for "industrial oxygen" are often higher than for medical
oxygen when it comes to purity.

The other difference is that your insurance won't pay for it. Don't know
how much of a problem that would be. I have also heard of some providers
such as home health nurses, etc., that won't deal with that part of your
care because of liability problems since it isn't labelled for medical use.