Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] dontgonearthewater@bwilson.com is offline

Default Make a ball screw and ball nut to 0.0001 without any tools

On Mon, 11 Apr 2016 10:11:11 -0400, "Steve W."

The Dodge Caravan is getting 22mpg and doing just fine.

22 mpg?! Empty and going downhill with a tailwind at 264 mph on the
way to a $75 per hour job no doubt!

22mpg with a Caravan is normal.

It's normal exaggeration, usually the result of faulty measurement
and/or selective amnesia. It's not restricted to any particular
vehicle. In fact, I know someone with a Dodge 3500 dually, Cummins
IIRC, who swears he gets 30 mpg. When confronted with some guffaws, he
clarified that he *once* got 30 on a "flat" section of highway. In
fact, I know his usual trip, which includes some substantial hill
climbing on a dirt road. He gets 15 no matter what he says. He can
swear on his mother's grave, say it was verified by Stephen Hawking,
or whatever. He still gets 15 on his normal trips. Wieber probably
gets the same with his POS loaded truck that spends a lot of time in
traffic and probably only has a fully inflated tire when he pays for a
flat repair.