Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Make a ball screw and ball nut to 0.0001 without any tools

Hello, I need to make a ball screw and ball nut to 0.0001" accuracy
without any tools. Please help me with creative ideas.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 10 Apr 2016 16:09:18 -0500, Ignoramus6088
wrote:

Hello, I need to make a ball screw and ball nut to 0.0001" accuracy
without any tools. Please help me with creative ideas.

Ebay. All you need is money, no tools required

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, April 10, 2016 at 5:09:20 PM UTC-4, Ignoramus6088 wrote:
Hello, I need to make a ball screw and ball nut to 0.0001" accuracy
without any tools. Please help me with creative ideas.

I suggest you get the foxfire books. They have a lot of backwoods articles and I am pretty sure one has an article on making marbles by putting stones in a fast running stream and with time they become spherical.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxfire_%28magazine%29

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Hello, I need to make a ball screw and ball nut to 0.0001" accuracy
without any tools. Please help me with creative ideas.

Ebay. All you need is money, no tools required

How has the Hotel Econoline 350 been treating you lately? Clean sheets
every night? Toilet in good working order?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Hello, I need to make a ball screw and ball nut to 0.0001" accuracy
without any tools. Please help me with creative ideas.

Don't even try. Just make up a long story about how you did it. Make
it as absurd as you like, and the more elaboration the better. For
example, write about how you used to work to .00001" accuracy when you
were 11 and banging your babysitter. If anybody makes fun of your
story, then post their message headers and say you're having them
killed.

Now that I think of it, the above instructions should be in an FAQ for
this newsgroup.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Hello, I need to make a ball screw and ball nut to 0.0001" accuracy
without any tools. Please help me with creative ideas.

Ebay. All you need is money, no tools required

How has the Hotel Econoline 350 been treating you lately? Clean sheets
every night? Toilet in good working order?

Hotel Econoline is great! Last night I found a pile of chocolates on
my pillow! Well, it isn't so much a pillow as it is a duffel bag. And
they weren't so much chocolates as they were rat ****. The hotel
service dogs are supposed to prevent these things but they moved to
better accommodations with the guy who holds up a "hungry please help
sign" at the off ramp.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus6088" wrote in message
Hello, I need to make a ball screw and ball nut to 0.0001" accuracy
without any tools. Please help me with creative ideas.

Just wind a wire around the shaft, with the turns pushed snugly
together. Dip the assembly in solder, then pull the wire off.

That was a real method to originate a precision master screw once.
They wound a brass and a black iron wire side by side so only the
brass would stick in the solder, unwound the iron wire, then used the
brass "thread" to guide a cutter on a steel leadscrew blank.

A little-known local inventor here invented a screw cutting lathe at
about the same time as Maudslay in England.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_...son_(machinist)
America would have started the Industrial Revolution if England hadn't
been slightly ahead of us.

--jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
On Sunday, April 10, 2016 at 5:09:20 PM UTC-4, Ignoramus6088 wrote:
Hello, I need to make a ball screw and ball nut to 0.0001" accuracy
without any tools. Please help me with creative ideas.

I suggest you get the foxfire books. They have a lot of backwoods
articles and I am pretty sure one has an article on making marbles
by putting stones in a fast running stream and with time they become
spherical.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxfire_%28magazine%29

Dan

Here's a machine that cuts rifling without a master screw:
http://imgur.com/a/IRXHS

The rack guided by the angled rod rotates a gear that turns the
rifling cutter.

--jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus6088 wrote:

Hello, I need to make a ball screw and ball nut to 0.0001" accuracy
without any tools. Please help me with creative ideas.

You are 10 days late for April fools! No tools? Will you be cutting the
thread with your teeth? Anything not part of your body sounds like a "tool"
to me. So, no rocks.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Hello, I need to make a ball screw and ball nut to 0.0001" accuracy
without any tools. Please help me with creative ideas.

Ebay. All you need is money, no tools required

How has the Hotel Econoline 350 been treating you lately? Clean sheets
every night? Toilet in good working order?

The E350 is still in the shop, waiting for me to bring in the last
$300. The Dodge Caravan is getting 22mpg and doing just fine.

The Ranger is scheduled to have the valves done in a week.

Since you are using the nym of one of my foster kids, its obvious you
really are mentally ill. All your other nyms have been killfiled. No
problem, Jason doesnt even know about Usenet, so off you go into the
Bozo bin. As I said..first time...everytime you appear..off you go.

plink
You really are a mentally ill stupid piece of ****, best wiped off on
the nearest curb.
wipe

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Hello, I need to make a ball screw and ball nut to 0.0001" accuracy
without any tools. Please help me with creative ideas.

Ebay. All you need is money, no tools required

How has the Hotel Econoline 350 been treating you lately? Clean sheets
every night? Toilet in good working order?

The E350 is still in the shop, waiting for me to bring in the last
$300. The Dodge Caravan is getting 22mpg and doing just fine.

Oh, so you're sleeping in even less sumptuous chortle accommodations
than you had led us to believe. I am quite certain a Dodge Caravan
(which does not, of course, get 22 mpg) is much smaller than an E350.

But, you didn't answer the question...does the Hotel Caravan give you
fresh sheets and a clean toilet nightly?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Hello, I need to make a ball screw and ball nut to 0.0001" accuracy
without any tools. Please help me with creative ideas.

Don't even try. Just make up a long story about how you did it. Make
it as absurd as you like, and the more elaboration the better. For
example, write about how you used to work to .00001" accuracy when you
were 11 and banging your babysitter. If anybody makes fun of your
story, then post their message headers and say you're having them
killed.

Good idea. Especially the babysitter part.

Should I also spam newsgroups with worthless opinions about CAD/CAM
software?

Say, where is little Johnny anyway? Probably tied up dealing with
another bankruptcy.

What about establishing a linkedin community filled with my sock
puppets?

Yes! Call it Stupid Question Technology Leaders.

And what about bragging about having worked at 50 different
"precision" companies in the last 5 years?

You could do that, but it would be better to say you owned a quarter
of an entire block where you don't sleep because you like your Dodge
Caravan Hotel Suite better.

Now that I think of it, the above instructions should be in an FAQ for
this newsgroup.

Too bad that there is fewer and fewer people remaining on USENET, it
was/still is so much fun, but unfortunately it is going away.

It's long gone. Too many participants egging on each others' crackpot
politics.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Hello, I need to make a ball screw and ball nut to 0.0001" accuracy
without any tools. Please help me with creative ideas.

Ebay. All you need is money, no tools required

How has the Hotel Econoline 350 been treating you lately? Clean sheets
every night? Toilet in good working order?

The E350 is still in the shop, waiting for me to bring in the last
$300.

Hmmm, how long does it take to find 4 hours work?

The Dodge Caravan is getting 22mpg and doing just fine.

22 mpg?! Empty and going downhill with a tailwind at 264 mph on the
way to a $75 per hour job no doubt!

The Ranger is scheduled to have the valves done in a week.

Is that the Wieber International fleet, or a typical inventory of
vehicles dropped off at any wrecking yard overnight?

Since you are using the nym of one of my foster kids, its obvious you
really are mentally ill. All your other nyms have been killfiled. No
problem, Jason doesnt even know about Usenet, so off you go into the
Bozo bin. As I said..first time...everytime you appear..off you go.

plink
You really are a mentally ill stupid piece of ****, best wiped off on
the nearest curb.
wipe

Gunner

Has the Amazing Wieber ever considered fixing his own vehicles? Nope,
because learning to do that would take away from his time that's
better used to fabricate stories about all the thing he can do!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, April 10, 2016 at 6:54:32 PM UTC-4, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Ignoramus6088" wrote in message
Hello, I need to make a ball screw and ball nut to 0.0001" accuracy
without any tools. Please help me with creative ideas.

Just wind a wire around the shaft, with the turns pushed snugly
together. Dip the assembly in solder, then pull the wire off.

That was a real method to originate a precision master screw once.
They wound a brass and a black iron wire side by side so only the
brass would stick in the solder, unwound the iron wire, then used the
brass "thread" to guide a cutter on a steel leadscrew blank.

A little-known local inventor here invented a screw cutting lathe at
about the same time as Maudslay in England.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_...son_(machinist)
America would have started the Industrial Revolution if England hadn't
been slightly ahead of us.

--jsw

Neat! Some real out of the box thinking.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Hello, I need to make a ball screw and ball nut to 0.0001" accuracy
without any tools. Please help me with creative ideas.

Ebay. All you need is money, no tools required

How has the Hotel Econoline 350 been treating you lately? Clean sheets
every night? Toilet in good working order?

The E350 is still in the shop, waiting for me to bring in the last
$300. The Dodge Caravan is getting 22mpg and doing just fine.

Ah Ha! The guy in the garage knows Gunner. No money, no truck. His
reputation precedes him :-)

--

Cheers,

Schweik
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Hello, I need to make a ball screw and ball nut to 0.0001" accuracy
without any tools. Please help me with creative ideas.

First start with a square hole.

Then

There'e a hole in my bucket, Dear Liza, Dear Liza
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Hello, I need to make a ball screw and ball nut to 0.0001" accuracy
without any tools. Please help me with creative ideas.

Ebay. All you need is money, no tools required
How has the Hotel Econoline 350 been treating you lately? Clean sheets
every night? Toilet in good working order?

The E350 is still in the shop, waiting for me to bring in the last
$300. The Dodge Caravan is getting 22mpg and doing just fine.

Oh, so you're sleeping in even less sumptuous chortle accommodations
than you had led us to believe. I am quite certain a Dodge Caravan
(which does not, of course, get 22 mpg) is much smaller than an E350.

But, you didn't answer the question...does the Hotel Caravan give you
fresh sheets and a clean toilet nightly?

Ran a number of Caravans through the years. 22mpg is normal with the 3.0
and 3.3 engine.

As for sleeping in a work vehicle. Did it for a while. Not an uncommon
thing for road techs and drivers. You same money on hotels, stay close
to your tools and equipment (which helps prevent theft) and just visit a
truck stop or similar to grab a shower.

--
Steve W.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve W." wrote in message
As for sleeping in a work vehicle. Did it for a while. Not an
uncommon thing for road techs and drivers. You same money on hotels,
stay close to your tools and equipment (which helps prevent theft)
and just visit a truck stop or similar to grab a shower.

--
Steve W.

In the Army I slept out on the ground enough to become comfortable
with it. Having my car to sleep in after a midnight repair call was a
welcome luxury.

When I was the roadie for a theatre troupe performing at a resort near
the Canadian border I camped in the woods in my cozy down sleeping
bag. At that time I was living on a motorcycle which easily
disappeared from sight down dirt trails. The singers had a room whose
heavy drapes concealed that the windows were open and they woke up
freezing in the night.

--jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Hello, I need to make a ball screw and ball nut to 0.0001" accuracy
without any tools. Please help me with creative ideas.

Ebay. All you need is money, no tools required

How has the Hotel Econoline 350 been treating you lately? Clean sheets
every night? Toilet in good working order?

The E350 is still in the shop, waiting for me to bring in the last
$300. The Dodge Caravan is getting 22mpg and doing just fine.

Ah Ha! The guy in the garage knows Gunner. No money, no truck. His
reputation precedes him :-)

Maybe Don Gooch will let gummer defer a month's payment on the "land
contract" so he can get his heap back in order to get to those $75/hour
gigs.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Chalk up his inability to do even basic automotive work as yet another
glaring inconsistency in his litany of Amazing Wieber stories. I mean,
with all the tools in the 20,000 square foot factory at Wieber
International, you'd think he'd be able to do most of it himself.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Sounds like scrounging to me.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Hello, I need to make a ball screw and ball nut to 0.0001" accuracy
without any tools. Please help me with creative ideas.

Ebay. All you need is money, no tools required

How has the Hotel Econoline 350 been treating you lately? Clean sheets
every night? Toilet in good working order?

The E350 is still in the shop, waiting for me to bring in the last
$300. The Dodge Caravan is getting 22mpg and doing just fine.

The Ranger is scheduled to have the valves done in a week.

Since you are using the nym of one of my foster kids

Ha ha ha ha ha! The day Kern County Department of Human Services places
a foster child in your ******** double-wide is the day I'm appointed
chairman of the Federal Reserve.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The Dodge Caravan is getting 22mpg and doing just fine.

22 mpg?! Empty and going downhill with a tailwind at 264 mph on the
way to a $75 per hour job no doubt!

22mpg with a Caravan is normal.

Ran them as fleet vehicles with GTech. We removed the rear seat(s)
depending on driver preference. Loaded them HEAVY.
Usually 3-4 of lottery machines (Tiffany Terminals) 57lbs ea.-
http://park.org/Cdrom/Pavilions/Randyland/ny_term.gif
Later these (ISYS) 46lbs ea.-
http://www.masslottery.com/agents/ho...al_126x126.png

2 "install kits" which was a case of the roll stock and 1 box each of
the various bet slips. Plus the pans, power supplies, LED displays, misc
screws and signs. 23lbs each case of stock, 7lbs ea. bet slips pans and
misc about 15lbs ea.

2 "spare" cases of roll stock and extra bet slips for the agents who
"forgot" to order extra.

At least 3 spare printers, bet slip readers, display signs and towers as
repair assemblies. About 5lbs ea.

At least 1 27" TV and mount for quick draw
http://3xa3sn2xtr6117bb6o2m6zwf8ea.w...9/IMG_7258.jpg
as well as an "annunciator board". Thats the big wall mount board in
quick draw locations that lights up the numbers. 3' X 3' X 2" thick

2-3 game PCs (early ones were Compaq EVO machines,
http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/3/L11115168.jpg
Then they switched to IBM Think centers)
http://itcllc.biz/attachments/Image/...re_s50_sff.jpg

A spool of RG59 coax, connected the PC to the TV(s), Network cables and
modems. Your install tools and the repair tool kit.

Plus some of us had laptops mounted up front for agent locations and
scheduling as well as doing payroll stuff to get the rest of the CSRs paid.

When you were fully loaded you had about 10 inches over the cargo and
both front seats open. (Requirement was to keep the passenger seat open,
in case someone quit, had a vehicle break down or the boss showed up for
a ride along) The rest was packed in like sardines!

With the early 3.0 the average for the upstate guys was around 20mpg
when the 3.3 came out the average went to 21mpg. In my area the average
ran around 22-23 mpg. That was mainly because we didn't do short drives.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Guess you never heard of Truck Drivers, Military crews, or a hundred
other jobs where it is normal to work in an area where your vehicle is home.

Also sounds like you would last maybe a day if you had to do one of
those jobs for a living.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Steve W." wrote in message
[...]

Roadies can sleep ANYWHERE.... That can be a very long day...

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

That's something that a younger, fitter man might do for a short while,
but not a 62-year-old recovering coronary bypass and stroke patient who
mistakes rat droppings for chocolates.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 11 Apr 2016 10:11:11 -0400, "Steve W."

The Dodge Caravan is getting 22mpg and doing just fine.

22 mpg?! Empty and going downhill with a tailwind at 264 mph on the
way to a $75 per hour job no doubt!

22mpg with a Caravan is normal.

It's normal exaggeration, usually the result of faulty measurement
and/or selective amnesia. It's not restricted to any particular
vehicle. In fact, I know someone with a Dodge 3500 dually, Cummins
IIRC, who swears he gets 30 mpg. When confronted with some guffaws, he
clarified that he *once* got 30 on a "flat" section of highway. In
fact, I know his usual trip, which includes some substantial hill
climbing on a dirt road. He gets 15 no matter what he says. He can
swear on his mother's grave, say it was verified by Stephen Hawking,
or whatever. He still gets 15 on his normal trips. Wieber probably
gets the same with his POS loaded truck that spends a lot of time in
traffic and probably only has a fully inflated tire when he pays for a
flat repair.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve W." wrote in message
Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Steve W." wrote in message
[...]

I've fallen asleep on top of a dryer and -running- washing machine,
the only large enough clean flat spot no one else had claimed.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 11 Apr 2016 12:06:58 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Mon, 11 Apr 2016 08:37:43 -0700,
wrote:

[...]

I think you've missed on this one. My '89 Dodge Caravan, the stretched
one with the Mitsubishi 3.0 liter V6 and automatic transmission, got
around 22 mpg on the highway, and 18 or 19 overall.

Then Wieber gets something less than 18 or 19 overall in a vehicle
loaded with work tools and poorly maintained, which means he's a lot
closer to 15 than 22. Unless he's found a way to drive unloaded and
get around LA at freeway speeds full time.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 10 Apr 2016 22:55:25 -0700,
wrote:

The E350 is still in the shop, waiting for me to bring in the last
$300.

Hmmm, how long does it take to find 4 hours work?

I got 35 hours last week. That was 10 hours a day.

plink

I can do this for years if necessary.

(VBG)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Hello, I need to make a ball screw and ball nut to 0.0001" accuracy
without any tools. Please help me with creative ideas.

Ebay. All you need is money, no tools required

How has the Hotel Econoline 350 been treating you lately? Clean sheets
every night? Toilet in good working order?

The E350 is still in the shop, waiting for me to bring in the last
$300. The Dodge Caravan is getting 22mpg and doing just fine.

The Ranger is scheduled to have the valves done in a week.

Since you are using the nym of one of my foster kids

Ha ha ha ha ha! The day Kern County Department of Human Services places
a foster child in your ******** double-wide is the day I'm appointed
chairman of the Federal Reserve.

And the name of a friend....

plink

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Hello, I need to make a ball screw and ball nut to 0.0001" accuracy
without any tools. Please help me with creative ideas.

Ebay. All you need is money, no tools required

How has the Hotel Econoline 350 been treating you lately? Clean sheets
every night? Toilet in good working order?

The E350 is still in the shop, waiting for me to bring in the last
$300. The Dodge Caravan is getting 22mpg and doing just fine.

The Ranger is scheduled to have the valves done in a week.

Since you are using the nym of one of my foster kids

Ha ha ha ha ha! The day Kern County Department of Human Services places
a foster child in your ******** double-wide is the day I'm appointed
chairman of the Federal Reserve.

And the name of a friend....

plink

Golly...it looks as if gummer doesn't have *quite* the appetite for
"usenet 'banter' [sic]" as he once had.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

He and Larry are busy creating an alternate universe. It's a little
like this one but it only contains members of the Crédule Lumbago
tribe. It assumes that what we see in our "old" life is imaginary, and
that only certain social media are real. Then they depopulate their
universe by plonking people. They communicate by dog whistle.

It's an interesting idea. Once we have full 3D and virtual reality,
there's really no need to leave. You can have your groceries
delivered.

--
Ed Huntress