Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Make a ball screw and ball nut to 0.0001 without any tools

wrote in message
On Sunday, April 10, 2016 at 5:09:20 PM UTC-4, Ignoramus6088 wrote:
Hello, I need to make a ball screw and ball nut to 0.0001" accuracy
without any tools. Please help me with creative ideas.

I suggest you get the foxfire books. They have a lot of backwoods
articles and I am pretty sure one has an article on making marbles
by putting stones in a fast running stream and with time they become
spherical.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxfire_%28magazine%29

Dan

Here's a machine that cuts rifling without a master screw:
http://imgur.com/a/IRXHS

The rack guided by the angled rod rotates a gear that turns the
rifling cutter.

--jsw