Posted to alt.home.repair
Micky[_3_] Micky[_3_] is offline

Default Delta Faucet set screw stuck, then hubby tried to drill out screw and broke off the tap out. what do i do now?

On Fri, 08 Apr 2016 23:11:26 -0400, Micky
wrote:

On Fri, 08 Apr 2016 13:44:01 +0000, Tammy Longest
m wrote:

Delta faucet set screw won't budge, so hubby drilled out set screw placed tap
out and used pliers to turn it when that broke off in the hole. Now what
should we do to get that out and the set screw.

Kitchen faucet, bathroom, where?

One handle for hot and cold both, two handles?

If it's a single handle kitchen faucet, a hacksaw can cut through the
handle so it's removed and replaced. There's a quarter inch shaft in
the middle and if you're lucky, do a good job, you wont' damage that,
but if worst comes to worst you can buy a new ball too.

I only found it in white. Maybe make sure it's sold in chrome too
before cutting the current one in half.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Delta-Sin...98WH/203935431
$22

I only looked in HD, not elsewhere online.

Of course the worst would be you'd have to buy a whole faucet and just
use the handle. Then you'd have a spare faucet, but someday you'll
find someone with a bad faucet and a good handle. It's still a lot
easier than replacing the whole faucet which has some possibility of
creating leaks too.