Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John B.[_3_] John B.[_3_] is offline

Default Cut an accurate 1/2" square hole through 1/4" aluminum without tools?

On Sun, 10 Apr 2016 03:19:14 -0000 (UTC), John Doe
wrote:

Any normal human being would understand that.

Of course it isn't to be taken literally.

Well, was it intended that the dimensions of the hole be also not
taken literally? If so just take a punch and bash a hole in the damned
thing.

Take a break from the 99% off-topic trolling in this group and think
about metalworking for a minute... Or don't. I've probably researched
it thoroughly enough anyway.

As you were...

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote in . 4.170:

On Saturday, April 9, 2016 at 4:18:19 PM UTC-7, John Doe wrote:
I need to cut a 1/2" square through 1/4" aluminum. It doesn't have to
be centered, but the dimensions of the hole need to be correct.

---------------

Your subject said "with NO TOOLS". I'm not sure how you can justify
using even a drill bit with the 'no tools' restriction.

I'd suggest that with some sand, some durable fingernails, and months of
time, you might be able to erode a _somewhat_squarISH_ hole in a thin
sheet of aluminum.

NO tools? Really?

Lloyd

--