Posted to alt.home.repair
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default Delta Faucet set screw stuck, then hubby tried to drill out screw and broke off the tap out. what do i do now?

In article ,
"Mayayana" wrote:

| Could I try and drill out the tap out? Without getting this off I can not
get
| the faucet off.

It happens that I had the exact same problem this
week. I was going to replace the washers in our
kitchen faucet. The red/blue plug was hard to get
out, then I couldn't get the set screw to turn. I
tried WD-40 for a few days. No help. I've decided
to leave it for now and probably replace the faucet
if it ever gets leaky.

It is too late for the OP, where a hacksaw appears to be the best tool
to use!

If it is just a stuck set screw, I would try using the correct Allen bit
in a drill that has a clutch for driving screws. With the clutch set to
the lowest number and drill set for reverse, it is unlikely to strip the
Allen screw. Vibration of the clutch slipping may loosen the screw.

Increasing the clutch setting may then be necessary if the screw does
not move. At some higher setting it may strip the Allen screw. Then
the hacksaw approach is less expensive than a new faucet.

Fred