ROBMURR

Default Troubleshooting treadmill motor help

I have a Weslo 815 treadmill I am trying to find out why it bogs down
once I step on the tread belt...any suggestions welcome.
I got this used and want to fix it up.
Here is what I know. With the aid of my multimeter and the
troublshooting instructions inside my treadmill I find.
1. Motor DC 90 volt powered via motor contol board.
I cleaned the brushes and the armature with 1500 grit sandpaper
to smooth them up, they were arcing, now work fine.
Tested continuity all round the motor, looks fine.
Tested resistance all round the motor, about 3.5 ohms avg.
Cleaned any grease off belt pulley. No way to lube bearings
but motor shaft turns ok. Can run it to top speed without me
on it but bogs way down when I get on. Belt adjusted and no
slipping noticed. Motor does not overheat..
2. Controller board. All tests done on it show the motor is getting
volts and amps per the specs except the sliding speed control
specs say it should rise up to about 5k at max mine shows
up to about 9k ohms. At about medium speed the
amps are about 1.5 amps without me on it, when I get on it
the amps raise to about 2.75 amps as it slows down...
Once is slows down it never recovers to the proper speed...
At maximum speed it is getting about 2.5 amps which specs
say is correct....

So at this point I am thinking maybe the motor is going bad...
It is about 8 years old and really too small for this application...
Any other tests I can do?
Thanks
Rob