Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_6_] michael adams[_6_] is offline

Default OT beetroot juice

"Stuart Noble" wrote in message
On 08/04/2016 09:01, michael adams wrote:
"Andrew" wrote in message

According to the self-bp machine at my local surgery, my BP drops from 115/90 to
99/67
so it definately works for me. *

ISTR you posted about the above, before.

All the figures you quote above, fall well within the normal range.
Enviously so, to many people, I'd imagine. Information
which is widely available on the web.

Why anyone with normal blood pressure should subject
themselves to drinking beetroot juice, unless they actually liked
the stuff, or should be visiting their doctors surgery to monitor
its effects on their BP, suggests only one thing to me.

Whatever the effect of beetroot juice might be on people such as
yourself with normal blood pressure, it certainly doesn't seem to
be doing much for your hypochondria.

michael adams

Bear in mind that GPs are obsessed with prescribing blood pressure pills, and they get
very heavy handed if you try to reduce the dose. The drugs are presumably cheap, so why
wouldn't they keep you on them?

Last time I called a doc out I was undergoing a violent stomach episode. First thing
out of his bag was the blood pressure monitor. Later, in hospital, when gastro
consultant was told I had high bp, he said "Well he would have wouldn't he?". A bit of
common sense helps

Sorry I'm not sure what point you're making. That simply from your
appearance it should be possible to conclude you had high BP ?
But your BP could have been off the scale for all your GP
knew.

I'll bet Doc Martin would have taken it as well. So there !

None of which, fortunately for him, applies to the person to whom
I was addressing the post.

Its purely up to you, but as an impartial observer it does seem to
me that you're allowing the issue of possible over prescription of
blood pressure medication to rather cloud your judgement in respect
of the medical profession in general. For myself until I've
perfected the art of practising open heart surgery on myself,
I'm prepared to take their word on a lot of things.

One thing I've never turned down are tests of any kind, whether
routine screening or being sent for tests by my GP. Most of
which fortunately for me have turned out to be totally
unnecessary.If you read medical sites on the web one thing
that strikes you are the number of US posters who suspect
they have some sort of condition who are saving up so they
can afford the test in maybe nine months time.

Gift horses and all that. (I've paid my stamps blah blah blah)
And so have I.

michael adams

michael adams