Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default OT beetroot juice

On 08/04/2016 12:07, whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 8 April 2016 09:52:37 UTC+1, michael adams wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"michael adams" wrote in message
o.uk...

In this case Stuarts early life experiences with beetroot -
when he first encountered them, whether he was forced to eat
them as a puniushment as a child, memories he may have
subsequently suppressed; apparently all of these things can
have an effect,

I never had anything like that with beetroot and always

Well you wouldn't as it wasn't meant entirely seriously. I simply
found the idea of a rebellious child being force fed beetroot and
everyone involved ending up getting covered in beetroot juice
rather amusing.

And in any case I did say the memories were suppressed. No doubt
leading to a rash of claims 50 or 60 years later for historical
beetroot abuse, compensation claims, maybe even a rash of cold
callers.

and if used on masterchef or other cooking programs you'd need to
inform viewers that this program contains pictures of beetroot as a
warning and to display a help line phone number or contact details of
support groups.

Those insipid salads they used to serve up in the 50s. Yuk. Us kids were
rather good at concealing food in our pockets so that we could present
an empty plate to the dinner ladies. Got a bit tricky with pease pudding
mind (which I now love strangely)