Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT beetroot juice

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
wrote:

On Thursday, 7 April 2016 13:11:06 UTC+1, Stuart Noble wrote:
On 07/04/2016 12:53, tabbypurr wrote:

If you don't love garlic, slicing it thin & distributing it over a
piece of buttered bread helps hugely. Chew it properly before
swallowing for best allicin production.

Beetroot plus lettuce is a combination that surprisingly improves its
taste, and yes you can use lettuce in soups.

I think I might switch to celery instead. That I quite like, although my
sons can't bear it. Who knows how these lifelong aversions come about

They're an evolutionary survival tactic. If a food source turns bad, at
least
some will survive and the village/tribe continues.

I think it's more likely to be a defence tactic the body uses when it
knows a certain food is bad for it. For someone else, that food will be
good and doesn't taste awful to them.

In practice we have in fact evolved so that some
people just can't taste some things at all and others
are much more sensitive to that particular thing.

That appears to just be a quirk of evolution just
like the appendix is, not something that is an
evolutionary defence tactic. Same with eye color etc.