Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT beetroot juice

Stuart Noble wrote
wrote
Thomas Prufer wrote
Stuart Noble wrote

Thanks. I already swallow a clove of garlic before
breakfast so I guess I'm already benefiting from that.

The allicin which the study refers to is released
when the cell walls of the garlic are broken,
and two substances react chemically.

So it may be better to not swallow whole, but to crush,
chop, mince, press, or grate the garlic. This will depend
on if you are choking down a clove of that vile medicine,
or delect in the noble aroma of garlic.

If you don't love garlic, slicing it thin & distributing it
over a piece of buttered bread helps hugely. Chew it
properly before swallowing for best allicin production.

Beetroot plus lettuce is a combination that surprisingly
improves its taste, and yes you can use lettuce in soups.

I think I might switch to celery instead. That I quite like, although my
sons can't bear it. Who knows how these lifelong aversions come about

Some of it its just psychological, one of the neighbour's kids refused
to have anything to do with pizza, says it looks like someone spewed
on the the pizza base.

With stuff like spinach and brussel sprouts and younger kids
its mostly because they taste much stronger to little kids than
they do to adults because of the way their systems work.

I can still remember a standoff with my mother about eating
them when I must have been about 8 or so, which I won.

OTOH apparently I was always into stuff like blue
vein cheese even before I could even talk properly.