Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT beetroot juice

On Thursday, 7 April 2016 13:11:06 UTC+1, Stuart Noble wrote:
On 07/04/2016 12:53, tabbypurr wrote:

If you don't love garlic, slicing it thin & distributing it over a
piece of buttered bread helps hugely. Chew it properly before
swallowing for best allicin production.

Beetroot plus lettuce is a combination that surprisingly improves its
taste, and yes you can use lettuce in soups.

I think I might switch to celery instead. That I quite like, although my
sons can't bear it. Who knows how these lifelong aversions come about

They're an evolutionary survival tactic. If a food source turns bad, at least some will survive and the village/tribe continues.

NT