Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default OT beetroot juice

On 07/04/2016 12:53, wrote:
On Thursday, 7 April 2016 11:03:35 UTC+1, Thomas Prufer wrote:
On Thu, 7 Apr 2016 09:20:21 +0100, Stuart Noble
wrote:

Thanks. I already swallow a clove of garlic before breakfast so I
guess I'm already benefiting from that.

The allicin which the study refers to is released when the cell
walls of the garlic are broken, and two substances react
chemically.

So it may be better to not swallow whole, but to crush, chop,
mince, press, or grate the garlic. This will depend on if you are
choking down a clove of that vile medicine, or delect in the noble
aroma of garlic.

If you don't love garlic, slicing it thin & distributing it over a
piece of buttered bread helps hugely. Chew it properly before
swallowing for best allicin production.

Beetroot plus lettuce is a combination that surprisingly improves its
taste, and yes you can use lettuce in soups.

NT

I think I might switch to celery instead. That I quite like, although my
sons can't bear it. Who knows how these lifelong aversions come about