Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT beetroot juice

On Thursday, 7 April 2016 11:03:35 UTC+1, Thomas Prufer wrote:
On Thu, 7 Apr 2016 09:20:21 +0100, Stuart Noble
wrote:

Thanks. I already swallow a clove of garlic before breakfast so I guess
I'm already benefiting from that.

The allicin which the study refers to is released when the cell walls of the
garlic are broken, and two substances react chemically.

So it may be better to not swallow whole, but to crush, chop, mince, press, or
grate the garlic. This will depend on if you are choking down a clove of that
vile medicine, or delect in the noble aroma of garlic.

If you don't love garlic, slicing it thin & distributing it over a piece of buttered bread helps hugely. Chew it properly before swallowing for best allicin production.

Beetroot plus lettuce is a combination that surprisingly improves its taste, and yes you can use lettuce in soups.

NT