Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default OT beetroot juice

On 06/04/2016 13:13, Stuart Noble wrote:
IIRC there was some discussion recently about the above re blood
pressure. Having had some unpleasant experiences with the legal high
known as beta blockers (and now also with amlodipine), I'm determined to
get off medication altogether. I've got me a Nutri Ninja but I hate
beetroot, so anyone got any alternatives? Not that keen on kale either
as it happens :-)

I buy Cawston press beetroot juice which already has 10% apple juice but
I mix it 50/50 with grapefruit juice which makes it drinkable.
Grapefruit juice interacts with some medications so use Orange juice if
you are in that category.

According to the self-bp machine at my local surgery, my BP drops from
115/90 to 99/67 so it definately works for me.