Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default OT beetroot juice

On 06/04/2016 13:18, Thomas Prufer wrote:
On Wed, 6 Apr 2016 13:13:55 +0100, Stuart Noble
wrote:

I've got me a Nutri Ninja but I hate
beetroot, so anyone got any alternatives?

Garlic?

"Pharmacotherapy. 1993 Jul-Aug;13(4):406-7.
Can garlic lower blood pressure? A pilot study.
McMahon FG1, Vargas R.

Abstract

A popular garlic preparation containing 1.3% allicin at a large dose (2400 mg)
was evaluated in this open-label study in nine patients with rather severe
hypertension (diastolic blood pressure or = 115 mm Hg). Sitting blood pressure
fell 7/16 (+/- 3/2 SD) mm Hg at peak effect approximately 5 hours after the
dose, with a significant decrease in diastolic blood pressure (p 0.05) from
5-14 hours after the dose. No significant side effects were reported. Our
results indicate that this garlic preparation can reduce blood pressure. Further
controlled studies are needed, particularly with more conventional doses (e.g.,
or = 900 mg/day), in patients with mild to moderate hypertension and under
placebo-controlled, double-blind conditions.

PMID: 8361870 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] "

Thomas Prufer

Thanks. I already swallow a clove of garlic before breakfast so I guess
I'm already benefiting from that.