Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default OT beetroot juice

On 06/04/2016 21:42, Rod Speed wrote:

"Stuart Noble" wrote in message
On 06/04/2016 18:29, Nightjar cpb wrote:
On 06/04/2016 13:13, Stuart Noble wrote:
IIRC there was some discussion recently about the above re blood
pressure. Having had some unpleasant experiences with the legal
high known as beta blockers (and now also with amlodipine), I'm
determined to get off medication altogether. I've got me a Nutri
Ninja but I hate beetroot, so anyone got any alternatives? Not that
keen on kale either as it happens :-)

As the patient information leaflet tells you, don't stop taking beta
blockers suddenly. That can cause serious problems. Instead,
preferably in consultation with your doctor, reduce the dose slowly
over time. This gives the body time to recover from its reliance upon
the drug. You may also find that the side effects disappear at a
lower dose level. I halved my dose over a couple of weeks and that
got rid of the tiredness and numbness in my feet that I had
identified as probably being side effects.

I'd only been on bbs for a couple of days and, frankly, I wasn't
prepared to put up with the side effects I was getting. In fact I'm
beginning to wonder whether medication is appropriate at all in most
cases.

More fool you on that last.

http://www.cochrane.org/CD006742/HTN...on-are-unclear

Thats MILD hypertension, stupid.

That's the whole point. Most prescriptions are for what is now termed
"MILD" (diastolic 90-99). Which bit of the argument did you have trouble
with?