Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default OT beetroot juice

On 06/04/2016 21:32, Capitol wrote:
Stuart Noble wrote:
IIRC there was some discussion recently about the above re blood
pressure. Having had some unpleasant experiences with the legal high
known as beta blockers (and now also with amlodipine), I'm determined
to get off medication altogether. I've got me a Nutri Ninja but I hate
beetroot, so anyone got any alternatives? Not that keen on kale either
as it happens :-)

I have seen a case where the male (might be problems with a
female) with BP around 180, reduced it to 140 over a period of some 18
months. He took 25mg of DHEA initially daily, then over 9 months
increased this to 75mg daily. There was no improvement noticed below
75mg and it took about a year of 75mg to reduce the BP to 140. Last time
I checked with him his BP was in the region of 120 to 150 depending on
the time of day. He had also reduced his weight by 14lbs. He no longer
needs to take DHEA. YMMV.

Just so that you know, DHEA is a Controlled Drug within the UK. Listed
under the name Prasterone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drugs_...e_of_Drugs_Act

--
Rod