Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_6_] michael adams[_6_] is offline

Default OT beetroot juice

"polygonum" wrote in message
On 06/04/2016 13:13, Stuart Noble wrote:
IIRC there was some discussion recently about the above re blood
pressure. Having had some unpleasant experiences with the legal high
known as beta blockers (and now also with amlodipine), I'm determined to
get off medication altogether. I've got me a Nutri Ninja but I hate
beetroot, so anyone got any alternatives? Not that keen on kale either
as it happens :-)

In one of the areas of interest to me I see reports of people who have all combinations
of high, normal and low blood pressure and pulse. The common factor is a thyroid issue.

Insufficient thyroid hormone can result in low OR high blood pressure.

Insufficient or excess thyroid hormone can result in high pulse.

Amlodipine can cause thyroid disorders.

http://www.jebmh.com/latest-articles.php?at_id=1017

Beta-blockers can affect thyroid hormones.

My own experience was that I had relatively low blood pressure for many years and that
changed into a fairly middling value when adequately treated.

So I recommend that you ask for a thyroid test. (That opens up cans of worms as a TSH
test on its own is inadequate, in my view, to assess thyroid status. But that is all
you will probably get.)

With respect, most of what you've said about thyroid malfunction there
could equally apply to almost anybody .

AFAII the only unusual symptom Stuart has described is the dangerously
elevated heartbeat which appears to have subsided.

What is it about Stuart any more than anyone else that leads you
to recommend he should ask to have a thyroid test ?

michael adams