Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default OT beetroot juice

On 06/04/2016 16:02, Stuart Noble wrote:
No silver bullets? Put it this way, I just spent 3 days in hospital with
an ever increasing array of medication being applied to reduce my pulse
rate from the dizzy heights of 125. Just wouldn't shift.

Being back at home for 2 days produced no change, so this morning I
abandoned all medication, including stuff I'd be on for years, and had a
beetroot smoothie instead. 15.00 hrs and my pulse is ranging between 60
and 70. No great believer in alternative mumbo jumbo but.....

Beetroot is a good source of potassium and, to a lesser extent,
magnesium; electrolytes that were pumped into me when my heart rate hit
240 and brought it back down to a reasonable level.

--
Colin Bignell