Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default True cost of "filling" an electric car?

On Wednesday, 6 April 2016 10:33:20 UTC+1, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 1 Apr 2016 23:55:39 -0700 (PDT), harry wrote:

So what sort of driver is it aimed at long distance ?
but can only do 215 miles.....

Wage slave commuters.

With a new battery! What mileage can it achieve on a single charge

when
the battery is a 1 or 2 years old?

Lots of people here rabbiting on with zero knowledge.
My car is 2012, any battery deterioration is undetectable.

How many miles has it done? Since mid 2012 I've done about 55,000
miles.
Which is over 250 full charge discharge cycles at 215 miles/charge.
Far more actaual charge events would happen in reality.

--
Cheers
Dave.

It has only done 15,000 miles.
I use it locally, for long distances/more comfort, I use my other car.

Full discharges never happen.
The chances of being marooned are too great.
I have only twice run it to less than 10% charge remaining.
Usually it is only run to 75% remaining. Or thereabouts.

It's hard to pre-assess your range on a new route, there are so many factors.
I use Google Earth to get the mileage and check hills etc on an OS map.
I can usually get within 10% but it's dodgy on extreme range journeys.

Even wind and temperature make a difference (which only matters on extreme range.)
And cab heater use can **** things up altogether. Could knock 25% off total range.
It does have electrically heated seats which uses less.

You can improve range by cunning driving/route selection.