Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default ff's is soft or hard maple preferred.

OFWW wrote:
On Wed, 6 Apr 2016 00:30:14 -0500, Leon wrote:

OFWW wrote:
I am about to order the material for my kitchen cabinets.

For the ff's, is there any preference for hard or soft maple. Keep
in mind I will be painting the whole enchilada.

I've got a good sale price of 46 bucks a sheet of mdf plywood core
3/4". A competitor for J Classic Lam.

Found a good local source hardwood business that has a number of
stores around So. Cal.

I was thinking that hard maple would be stronger, but does soft have
an advantage for glue ups?

I am building a mobile rack for the plywood, hope to have it
finished and rolling, tomorrow.

IMHO soft is plenty strong but not as dent resistant as with the
hard. Soft will also be easier to mill.

I was thinking about the latter part, they said their stuff was s3s.
Is it possible to compare the softness against Oak?

Sure
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janka_hardness_test

Frankly, I wouldn't be worrying much about hardness. I'd be more concerned
about paintability and I generally use poplar for that.