Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default True cost of "filling" an electric car?

On 05/04/2016 16:12, harry wrote:
On Tuesday, 5 April 2016 09:51:32 UTC+1, tony sayer wrote:
In article ,
harry scribeth thus
On Friday, 1 April 2016 21:14:26 UTC+1, alan_m wrote:
On 01/04/2016 15:47, whisky-dave wrote:

So what sort of driver is it aimed at long distance ?
but can only do 215 miles.....

With a new battery! What mileage can it achieve on a single charge when
the battery is a 1 or 2 years old?

Lots of people here rabbiting on with zero knowledge.
My car is 2012, any battery deterioration is undetectable.

Well well Harry, perhaps you've e found a way to reverse chemical ageing
you might get a Nobel prize for that!!....

--
Tony Sayer

Well ****-fer-brains, you don't suppose electric cars are not fitted with range remaining and battery charge condition instruments?
If so you must be really brain dead.

All I have to go on is the instruments fitted to the car.
The battery "fullness" indicator hasn't changed much on the regular journeys I make.
The "pips" disappear at the same places on a journey that they always have.

I always charge the battery at optimum time/conditions.

You might find it informative to see if there is a smart phone app for
talking directly to the car's diagnostics. My friend with the Leaf found
that there is a world of difference between what the in car displays
tell him, and what the sensors are actually recording before
"processing" by the car.

--
Cheers,

John.