Posted to uk.d-i-y
AnthonyL AnthonyL is offline

Default Sticking attic ladder

On Sat, 2 Apr 2016 21:30:04 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

Are you sure there is no dust and dirt in the runners? Its always dirty in
lofts.

I took the ladder outside and steam cleaned it (one of those household
handheld units). But it wasn't particularly dirty and is pretty clean
and the binding is quite firm. The loft has been boarded and is not
dirty though obviously there will be bits of crud. I wish I could
take the two bits apart but can't see how, and the locking pin
mechanism is rivetted in which makes it awkward if I wanted to get
that out.

--
AnthonyL