Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Mike is offline

Default boring through tile?

On 2016-03-31, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 10:28:45 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 19:23:10 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Thu, 31 Mar 2016 02:04:46 -0000 (UTC), Mike
wrote:

For the folks that asked, here are some pictures (I hope this works)
of the brick/tile. Also, these tiles are 5" thick.

Mike

http://imgur.com/TkSLKCg

http://imgur.com/Hb475uq

http://imgur.com/2C7ZelN

Thanks. It shouldn't be very difficult to use a bit to get through
those with a circular drill bit.. I can't imagine a cold chisel
would be needed. I'd guess the are fairly soft and not filled with
concrete.

BTW, use a long masonry bit to drill through the wall. It gives you an
alignment method so you can cut the hole from /on either side. So they
match up. And the pipe fits in horizontally and not angled.

If you don't have long masonry bit, a sharpened metal coat hanger will go
through many materials, including concrete block, wood most sidings, etc.

That's a great tip, thanks.

Mike