Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default True cost of "filling" an electric car?

harry wrote
Another Dave wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Another Dave wrote

But what would be a rough estimate for the
true cost of a charge (i.e. when done at home)?

For a "true" cost (i.e. one that you could compare to a
conventional car) you would need to take into account
the tax levied on petrol and diesel but not on electricity.

Hardly. Unless you had a supply of tax free petrol, etc.

No. The point is that if this took off in a big way (and I hope
it does) the government would have to tax electricity used to
charge cars to maintain its revenue. I don't know how this
would work but I'm certain that it would happen.

They are working towards a black GPS box in everyone's car.

Bull**** they are.

Introducing it as a way to cheap insurance/theft protection..
It's actually to spy on you and tax you.

Just another of your pathetic little drug crazed
pig ignorant fantasys/bare faced lies.