Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default True cost of "filling" an electric car?

On Friday, 1 April 2016 15:03:22 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Mike Barnes wrote:
I took a test drive in a Tesla and was quite impressed. I recommend the
(free, no pressure) test drive to anyone with half an interest in the
topic and a couple of hours to spare. But the car makes no sense
economically for a low-mileage driver such as me.

I'd be interested what the true range actually is in average use. My guess
is it's a bit like claimed MPG. Something no-one ever achieves.

--
*Time is fun when you're having flies... Kermit

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Lots of factors, the main one being hills.
I get about 75% of what's claimed but we have lots of hills round here.
The heater could easily knock 25% off the range if used injudiciously.