Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_11_] Muggles[_11_] is offline

Default Death by caffeine deficiency

On 4/1/2016 3:20 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Thursday, March 31, 2016 at 11:12:34 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 3/31/2016 10:35 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Stormin Mormon:
Last night, at the amateur radio class, the guy
teaching was definitely off. I asked if he was
caffeine deprived. Turns out, yes. He'd just been
teaching another class, and had five hours with
no caffeine. That's rough, for sure.

When somebody accuses me of being addicted to coffee, I tell them that I
can quit anytime I want to... and I know that because I *have* quit....
dozens of times.... _)

I can do about 3/4 of a cup of coffee, but most of the time I do good
getting through 1/2 a cup.

I've never been a coffee drinker and have consumed very little of the evil
drink in my lifetime. What I did drink by the gallon was the holy sacrament
of The South, sugar sweetened iced tea. I grew up drinking that wonderful
nectar of the gods. When I had high blood sugar and had to take action, I
stopped drinking anything sweetened with sugar and lost 100 pounds in two months.
I still drink iced tea, rarely sugar sweetened but usually sweetened with
artificial sweetener. My blood sugar stays in the normal range without medication
or insulin. ^_^

I've never really been a coffee drinker, either, but I do enjoy a mocha
off and on. Many moons ago when we lived in 'Bama everyone we knew
drank the sugar tea, and if you didn't people thought you were a Yankee!
I had to wean my husband off the sugar tea, since I liked UNsweetened
tea, he thought I was drying to brainwash him! LOL Now, he drinks it
unsweetened!

--
Maggie