Posted to uk.d-i-y
Another Dave Another Dave is offline

Default True cost of "filling" an electric car?

On 01/04/16 12:46, JoeJoe wrote:
Just saw the launch of the new Tesla car, and at a claimed 215m to a
charge, I can see myself perhaps being persuaded to consider the
technology at some stage in the not near or medium future.

I have seen quite a few charging points (or whatever they are called) -
in most large European cities. I assume that the cost of a charge is set
so that it would be marginally lower to run such cars compared to
petrol/diesel cars.

But what would be a rough estimate for the true cost of a charge (i.e.
when done at home)?

For a "true" cost (i.e. one that you could compare to a conventional
car) you would need to take into account the tax levied on petrol and
diesel but not on electricity.

Another Dave

--
Change nospam to gmx