Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem[_2_] Markem[_2_] is offline

Default flat bottom forstner bits

On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 13:09:22 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

On 2016-03-30, Swingman wrote:
On 3/29/2016 12:57 PM, notbob wrote:
Things like forstner bits and hole saws should NOT be used with a hand
held drill motor. That I know, for a fact!

"FACT": know what you're talking before showing your ignorance.

I apologize fer applying my knowledge of metalworking to your world of
woodworking. I spoke too soon and spoke from having very little
real-world knowledge of woodworking. Obviously, they are not the same
and I was wrong. But, I am trying to learn. Patience, please.

As fer "showing ... ignorance", hey, I can stand proud with the best
of 'em.

nb

The problem is that your statement does not apply to metal working either.

You said:

"Using a hole saw to make a doorknob hole ina door. I see yer point
about using the hole saw in wood. Never happen in metal. "

I have used hole saws in a hand held drill to bore holes in metal countless
times. I even posted a video of a guy using a cordless drill to bore a hole
in a fairly thick piece of steel.

The only "fact" we can state is that not everything can be brought to
a drill press. Some work must be done on site regardless of whether
it's wood, metal, glass, plastic, whatever.

Considering they sell Bimetal holes saws for making holes is see his
problem, but do not think notbob will.