Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Broke my lathe last night...sigh

On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 21:24:48 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 20:55:15 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
m:

Ba
mi Ba

"Ba mui ba" is Vietnamese, not Thai. It means "33" (which was a BRAND), and
it's not liquor, but beer.

I know. (Grin). Being a non drinker I never bought a beer in
Thailand..so have no clue what any names of beer would be.
Beer will also make the boi a little fatty..or a big fatty...shrug.
Particulary mixed with dope.

I spoke the language there while doing my tour.

Lloyd

I learned mostly "yard, but could get by a bit in street
vietnamese..but most of it was in french..or a ******* mix.

Tôi ma^'t ha^`u he^'t các ngôn ngu+~ cu?a tôi khi tôi ?ă có ?o^.t quy.
cu?a tôi. ?áng buo^`n thay ....sigh

Now my clients have to speak english to me..which takes a lot of the
fun out of service calls. Shrug

The only Viet phrase I remember (from books, not military time) is
Du ma nhieu.

Pernunsikated "Doom On You" per Mr. Marcinko.

--
Doctors prescribe medicine of which they know little,
to cure diseases of which they know less,