Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default flat bottom forstner bits

On 3/30/16 3:41 PM, notbob wrote:
On 2016-03-30, DerbyDad03 wrote:

The problem is that your statement does not apply to metal working either.

Sorry, but I gotta disagree on that one.

Not only can the drill press be brought to the work, I've done it
dozens of times. It's called a magnetic drill press and all one needs
is to provide a sheet of megnetic metal near the drill point. No
doubt you have a great collection of clamps.

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-...corded/4270-20

Any volunteers to cut a doorknob hole using this anda hand drill
motor?:

http://tinyurl.com/zqsws54

I've used one ona Bridgeport and it still wasn't pretty, but I got it
to work at molasses-in-Jan feeds/speeds.

I'd love to see anyone here try and cut a 1-1/2" dia hole in 2 inches of
T6 alum or acrylic plastic with a hand drill motor and a hole saw.
Bring yer own EMT.

nb

Just stop. Stop digging the hole. It's embarrassing.
I've drilled hundreds, yes, hundreds of holes that size and larger with
a handheld battery and corded drills with holes saws. That thing you
showed is antiquated.

Sit back and learn from those with experience. Not googlectuals.

Peanut gallery. Wow.

Sheesh.

--

-MIKE-