Posted to rec.woodworking
notbob notbob is offline

Default flat bottom forstner bits

On 2016-03-30, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Sheeese, I'm not going to nitpick such things, but I agree with notbob,
I'm not using a big hole saw in metal with that 1/2" drill of his.
Well, not a second time. I've used a drill like that.

Thanks, Ed.

Ya' know I'm usually not this "contentious" (Mike's words). OTOH, I'm
not gonna jes lie down and act like I know nothing! I didn't get my
experience from FWW magazine. I got it from actually doing it!
Working ina machine shop in one of our country's most reknown govt
labs. And I'm not adverse to admitting I'm wrong. I've already done
it. Here! But, I'll be damned if I'll pretend I'm wrong jes cuz
someone sez I am.

With respect to woodworking cabinetry, I pretty much am clueless.
Admittedly! That's not to say I know nada! I put in a year as an
apprentice carpenter. I've got my late brother's tools and a few more
I've picked up, over the yrs. Now, I'm learning cabinetry cuz I
have to. I inherited my mom's home and the kitchen is falling apart and
I gotta fix it. I may not be a master woodworker, but I'm far from a
being a total neophyte.

nb