Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default flat bottom forstner bits

On 3/30/2016 6:20 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On 2016-03-30, DerbyDad03 wrote:

The problem is that your statement does not apply to metal working either.

Sorry, but I gotta disagree on that one.

Please refrain from snipping relevant material from posts when replying.

I will repeat what you said once again so that you can see why you are
are wrong:

"Using a hole saw to make a doorknob hole ina door. I see yer point
about using the hole saw in wood. Never happen in metal. "

Note your use of the words "Never happen in metal."

That is the first place you where you are wrong. As stated by me, and as has
been backed up by others, using a hole saw in a hand held drill in metal is
commonplace.

You were wrong to use the word "never".

Sheeese, I'm not going to nitpick such things, but I agree with notbob,
I'm not using a big hole saw in metal with that 1/2" drill of his.
Well, not a second time. I've used a drill like that.