Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Raspberry Pi Case

On 3/30/2016 4:51 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Leon wrote:

Naturally the front of the speaker cone is open, but the back is/was
often ins an air tight environment.

I hate looking the info up but this kinda supports my comments.

Well... not so much. If I understand your earlier comments correctly,
you are interpreting a sealed chamber to mean an completely sealed
chamber. That's the point I commented on. It's not completely sealed
as long as the front of the speaker is open. The balance of the speaker
cabinet is neutralized to atmospheric pressure by that opening. It's
only that sound is directed by that sealed back. Not that volume and/or
pressure remain constant.

No the front of the speaker is open, obviously but the box in many cases
is air tight. You probably came into the conversation late and are
missing the key points.

would operate. I said that this was not true. There seemed to be some
thoughts that a speaker would not operate if it had a sealed compartment
behind it, which is not true.