Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_11_] Muggles[_11_] is offline

Default Death by car exhaust

On 3/30/2016 2:59 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 10:27:48 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

I looked at a new ford a few months ago, and the thing had so many bells
and whistles on it that they had to offer a class on how to operate it.
I just needed a car with the basics and possibly a back-up camera on
it, and I didn't want a keyless entry, either. They looked at me like I
was living back in the dark ages. Those bells and whistles are nice
when they work, but what happens when some software upgrade doesn't
work, or the system just gets old and you need to upgrade the bells and
whistles for a hefty if you want them to keep working? They funny thing
about the test drive was that they couldn't get the software in the
display panel to work right while I was test driving it. Can anyone say
RED FLAG??

I like all those goodies. There is no reason to think you'd have to
upgrade the software to keep things running. Sure anything mechanical
or electrical can break or wear out, but you don't have to upgrade a
program to keep the power windows working.

What is nice is to have the seat go all the way back and the steering
wheel to go up to give your old body plenty of room to get in and out
and go into your favorite driving position when you push the START
button.

I drive 22,000+ miles a year so I want to do it in comfort. If you
just go to the grocery store a mile away once a week, different story,
save the money.

Well, I was driving on the interstate 16 miles a day back and forth to
work, but that really wasn't enough to warrant all the bells and
whistles like the amount you drive.
--
Maggie