Posted to alt.home.repair
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default Death by car exhaust

On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 22:25:38 +0100, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 3/30/2016 4:05 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

If it was a start stop engine, I could understand the owner not
realising it was "on", but then it wouldn't be running.

If it wasn't a start stop engine, then she would have heard the engine
running when she got out, surely? Unless she's deaf, she has no excuse.

Your Hillman Minx can be heard a quarter mile away but most modern cars
are very quiet and cannot be heard over some ambient noise.

There would have to be a lot of noise. Unless she came home to find her husband using a bandsaw in the garage? Anyway, why the **** would you forget to switch off your car? I leave my key in the ignition, and I don't forget to switch it off. It's part of the second nature stuff I do when I stop, including putting it in gear, applying the handbrake etc.

--
"Beam me aboard, Scotty!" [-] "Will a 2 X 4 do, Captain?"