Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default boring through tile?

On 03/30/2016 02:03 PM, Mike wrote:
I have this brick/tile stuff that is structural for this build. The
building is 70+ years old. Home Depot has a bit that I can bore
through the brick/tile that is just a hair over 4" OD. I have a
scrap of steel pipe I want to put through the hold to reinforce the
brick/tile after I bore the hole. This steel pipe is about 4.5" OD.
I can rent the bit and drill from Home Depot to make the initial
hole, but still need to increase the hole diameter for the steel
pipe. I thought of using some sort of grinding stone to make the
hole bigger for the steel pipe. Is there a better way to make the
hole or to widen the hole for the pipe?

Once the pipe is in the hole I plan to concrete around the pipe and
fill the voids in brick/tile. Once the concrete (Sackrete Sand Mix)
hardens I'll run a 3" schedule 40 septic pipe through the steel and
spray foam the space between PVC pipe and steel pipe.

TIA

Mike

https://www.zoro.com/milwaukee-carbi...Q&gclsrc=aw.ds