James Sweet

Default Sony tv repair question

"lainiekazan" wrote in message
om...
I own a 1985 Trinitron -- the on-off button simply doesn't function
any more, and now the picture's shot. Should I lug it to the repair
guy? Is there any point? Will it work if I get the tube replacd, or
should I simply get a new one? Thanks for your help, folks!

What do you mean the picture's shot? Was the tube going dim before the power
button failed? Since you say the button failed, I assume the remote still
turns the set on? You need to provide more details, also include a model
number off the back. From the sounds of it the problem has nothing to do
with the tube, when a TV malfunctions everyone always thinks it's the tube
but 99% of the time it isn't.