Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default For those with Fluke Handheld DVMs

On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 4:57:07 PM UTC-4, Michael Terrell wrote:
" wrote:

Eveready or Duracell, either will replace the unit at no cost. Chinese crap, no. Fluke would call that negligence, and rightly so.

Peter, the Fluke meters that I've repaired all had GE labeled NiCads.
They were assembled in the form of two packs of two cells that were
soldered together in a pair, and they used some Berg terminals that
snapped onto tiny ball tipped terminal posts. They were approximately C
cell sized, and each pair was in a snap on cover, one on each side of
the line transformer. I have located a supply of new cells from another
OEM, but the wires are hard as a rock, and most of the terminals ar
damaged in the latest batch of Fluke 8050 meters that I received. I have
been unable to locate the part number for the terminals. It isn't listed
in the Fluke manuals. We used that terminal at Microdyne, but I no
longer have any contacts there now that it is part of L3-Com, in Philly.
As far as I know, they dropped support for every product that used that
terminal, as well.

Send them to Fluke. Betcha you will be pleasantly surprised.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA