Posted to alt.home.repair
bob_villain bob_villain is offline

Default Why are copper fittings brighter than copper pipe?

On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 1:38:49 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 12:37:04 PM UTC-4, bob_villain wrote:
On Saturday, March 26, 2016 at 5:44:13 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I'm going to be building something - not plumbing - with 3/4" copper pipe. As you can see from
this image, the pipe is a different "color" than the fittings. The fittings are bright copper, the
pipe itself is much duller.

Anybody know why that is or more importantly, how to shine up the pipe so that it matches
the fittings?

http://tinyurl.com/CopperPipeColor

Full link:

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...psxbg1l4fw.jpg

...might I suggest the look of this: http://tinyurl.com/h6g8chy

You might suggest it, but we've already decided on (and purchased)
galvanized floor flanges, copper pipe and brass pot hooks.

It's the look SWMBO wants and it's the look SWMBO is going to get.

Certainly, don't show her...or she may change her mind!