Ian Molton

Default Sources of info to retrieve data off failing(failed)harddrives.

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 10:49:29 -0500
"Stellijer" wrote:

I had a guy call me from WD, I returned the call twice and never heard from him
again

I never did get the refund they promised me.

also, buyer beware...

NEVER go direct to the manufacturer, even if your vendor tells you to. if you do, the vendor no longer has a responsibility to you, and worse still, manufacturers warranties DONT entitle you to new goods (they may offer refubs), which I think is disgusting.

Now I have a nice Seagate Barracuda (with 8M cache) and its lovely. super quiet and super super fast. (56MB/sec sustained and a low seek time too)

--
Spyros lair: http://www.mnementh.co.uk/ |||| Maintainer: arm26 linux

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are tasty and good with ketchup.