Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_3_] Bill Wright[_3_] is offline

Default should DIY be a green cause

On 24/03/2016 20:21, John Rumm wrote:

Indeed - if you can be in the right place at the right time, there can
be a bonanza of free materials if they people running the site are
amenable. I have a mate with a lockup full of ply and OSB from such an
encounter!

When they built Meadowhall and i was working there I got so much timber
from skips I filled two sheds and had to use some of it to make another
shed to put the rest of it in. I've still got about fifty lengths of
hardwood dowel: I just break a bit off every time I want to stir some
paint.

I got a very large quantity of 10mm threaded bar in much the same way;
dunno what I'll ever do with it all. I use it for rebar etc.

Bill