Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_3_] Bill Wright[_3_] is offline

Default should DIY be a green cause

On 24/03/2016 03:47, Johnny B Good wrote:

The original repair, just over a year ago, involved gluing the wishbone
shaped plastic operating lever back together using thin paxolin splints
with a 2 part epoxy resin glue. It just seemed a disgraceful failure mode
for the sake of not paying the attention to the detail it deserved in its
design (sharp 45 degree bends instead of organic curves to avoid stress
concentration mediated failure - it was just begging to fail).

This time I used a half mm drill and a couple of 8mm lengths of
stainless steel wire to beef up the second glue repair. Unfortunately,
this started acting up again just a few days ago and before I could have
yet another go, SWMBI decided it was time for a new kettle, hence the
visit to Argos today (actually, yesterday as I type this).

Are you short of something to ****ing do? If so come round here.

Bill