Posted to alt.home.repair
taxed and spent taxed and spent is offline

Default (OT) Cellphone App that amazes me

wrote in message
I was at the local bar when a guy asked someome what song was playing on
the jukebox. He didn't know, but another guy grabbed his cellphone,
pushed a few bottons, and less than a half minute later he said the name
of the song as well as the artist, what album it was on and more...

I looked at the guy and said "how did you do that?". He said its a phone
app. The microphone in the phone listens to a sample of the music, and
can identify exactly what it is. Later on, I went over to the jukebox,
and played an old song from the mid-1960s, which was not a real well
known band. Sure enough, the phone knew what it was.....

I have to admit, I was impressed!

It's getting to the point that I have to ask what CANT these phones do,
rather than ask what they CAN do.... I've even seen a special doorbell
advertised which shows who is at your door. Not only when you're in the
house, but anywhere you are. That's crazy, but I have to admit, it's
kind of cool. The only lacking feature is the shotgun that pops out of
the wall when a salesman or burgular comes to the door.

http://www.androidfreeware.net/download-schottgunn.html