Posted to alt.home.repair
Gordon Shumway Gordon Shumway is offline

Default Refrigerator - freezer defrost test

On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 20:44:01 +0000, reality calls wrote:

replying to CBHVAC, reality calls wrote:
these modern refrigerators are half bull****. a defrost timer and defrost
thermostat, should be EASILY ACCESSIBLE on the inside of the food/freezer
compartment, or on the outside. not buried behind all the shelves and back
covers, requiring taking all the food out, and putting it in a cooler, to work
on it. BAD DESIGN CALLED on all modern appliances that don't have easy access
to these critical controls.
#2, dust blocks the condenser coils- BAD DESIGN CALLED AGAIN- a filter that is
easy to clean or change, is needed, just like an AIR CONDITIONER has ?? WTF
designed these appliances ? dumb idiots ?
nothing worse then working on the back end w/compressor, start components, and
the damned thing goes into DEFROST MODE, and you have to sit for 15 minutes
waiting for it to finish, just to continue troubleshooting the first problem-
OR take all the food out and put it on ice- this is total BULL****. if I
owned an appliance company and my engineers put forth such a design, I'd
threaten to fire them- and they'd deserve it.
it's like designing a car radio without a volume knob for cripes sakes. what
morons invented this stuff ?
an old wooden frig with a block of ice worked better. one thing went wrong-
the ice melted eventually. big deal, put another block of ice in.

I think you need to be less eager to call others morons.
The message you're replying to is well over a decade old... moron!