Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Top Cat Top Cat is offline

Default Flyback replacement on a historical arcade machine.

On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 11:55:19 AM UTC, frank wrote:
Top Cat wrote:

I'll try and repair all I can, but fear that the Flyback may be beyone my
capability. I'll work on it though, thank you.

Does the transformer smoke with the suction cup terminal hooked to the CRT?
Did you try to power the circuit with the HV terminal disconnected from the
CRT too?

Frank IZ8DWF

I've only tried it with it connected. Should I try it with it out/not-connected? What difference will it make and what should I be looking at when trying this? Cheers.