Old March 22nd 16, 09:14 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Flyback replacement on a historical arcade machine.

I hope someone can help me.

I have an extremely old CRT attached to a Space Invaders B&W arcade cabinet.. There is no available schematic, that I can find. The flyback has died but there is no modern replacement, mainly because the documentation for the historical model is non existent. So I dont know the input or output voltages, I have no circuit diagram, and I cannot find anything to determine what its input/output parameters can be. I do have the old flyback, I know the monitor size, and I have the actual circuit.

The model is marked as "Toei GM-140 TV MONITOR". It was produced around 1979; or from 1976 onwards.

My question is this: Can one retro/reverse engineer or somehow determine what modern equivalent could replace a flyback in this circumstance. Is this possible?

Cheers in advance.

Old March 22nd 16, 09:22 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Any numbers at all on the flyback?
Old March 22nd 16, 09:33 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, 22 March 2016 21:23:00 UTC, wrote:
Any numbers at all on the flyback?

yes:

TF-1
Tj' 21
TOTOKU
Old March 22nd 16, 09:48 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

TF-1
Tj' 21 (This could be TJt 21)
TOTOKU
Old March 23rd 16, 05:06 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 4:48:48 PM UTC-5, Top Cat wrote:
TF-1
Tj' 21 (This could be TJt 21)
TOTOKU

Your best bet might be Henri at Asti Magnetics, but they have been bought out by PRB. I do not know what state they are in. (not geographically I mean condition sorta, oh wait, I also did forget what state they're in)

If they got old stock I am sure they will sell it.

Old March 23rd 16, 07:19 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 22/03/2016 21:14, Top Cat wrote:
I hope someone can help me.

I have an extremely old CRT attached to a Space Invaders B&W arcade cabinet.. There is no available schematic, that I can find. The flyback has died but there is no modern replacement, mainly because the documentation for the historical model is non existent. So I dont know the input or output voltages, I have no circuit diagram, and I cannot find anything to determine what its input/output parameters can be. I do have the old flyback, I know the monitor size, and I have the actual circuit.

The model is marked as "Toei GM-140 TV MONITOR". It was produced around 1979; or from 1976 onwards.

My question is this: Can one retro/reverse engineer or somehow determine what modern equivalent could replace a flyback in this circumstance. Is this possible?

Cheers in advance.

Is it purely for the raster, or LV supplies also. 1970s presumably just
the former, so half a chance of near enough any LOPT of that time would
do with a bit of jiggery-pokery.
I've never looked inside a LOPT, are they epoxy filled of that era or
still tar filled of the 60s era? Is the bakelite casing likely to
contain asbestos fibre reinforcement if you hacked in to the casing, to
check out the possibility of a rewind, at least "B&W" only voltages?
Old March 23rd 16, 02:35 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Top Cat" wrote in message
I hope someone can help me.

I have an extremely old CRT attached to a Space Invaders B&W arcade cabinet.
There is no available schematic, that I can find. The flyback has died but
there is no modern replacement, mainly because the documentation for the
historical model is non existent. So I dont know the input or output
voltages, I have no circuit diagram, and I cannot find anything to determine
what its input/output parameters can be. I do have the old flyback, I know
the monitor size, and I have the actual circuit.

The model is marked as "Toei GM-140 TV MONITOR". It was produced around
1979; or from 1976 onwards.

My question is this: Can one retro/reverse engineer or somehow determine
what modern equivalent could replace a flyback in this circumstance. Is
this possible?

YOu may want the game to stay as it is, but if you just want to play the
game, you may want to look at some of the converter boards made that will
let you use a VGA type of display, either CRT or the newer LED types.

Old March 23rd 16, 06:32 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 03/23/2016 7:35 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
"Top Cat" wrote in message
[...]

I have Taito B&W monitor schematics that I am trying to scan, they are
old blueprints and they have turned VERY blue, so my colour scanner is
having a bit of trouble.

Email me and I will send you what I have...

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Old March 24th 16, 05:37 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

En el artículo , N_Cook
escribió:

Is it purely for the raster, or LV supplies also. 1970s presumably just
the former

I would have thought any monitor of that era would have a separate LOPT
and tripler module, so is the OP's problem the LOPT or the tripler?

OP: A few photos would help. Speaks a thousand words.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) # ik ben Brussel
Old March 24th 16, 08:20 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

First a visual inspection gives many informations

Seond, try to check the basics (Transistors, power resistors, blown
fuses, electrolytic caps and diodes)

Fixing this thing is better than trying a replacement.

Top Cat a écrit :
I hope someone can help me.