Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Big Clive dissects a crappy 13A dounble socket with USB ports

On Thursday, 24 March 2016 11:36:17 UTC, bm wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 24 March 2016 03:05:46 UTC, ARW wrote:
"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message
En el artículo , ARW adamwadsworth@blueyond
er.co.uk escribió:

2m04s "Never seen a socket with two earth terminals?" - I don't believe
him.

I wonder if he knows about high integrity earthing. Are the two
terminals connected together on those kind of sockets? I can't
remember.

Yes - they are connected together at the socket

I thought the point was that they werent connected unless using with a metal
box, and even then it might not make a good earth connection.

AIR there's a copper strip between the two.

yes a strip of air rather than a strip of copper which could be a serious problem.